About Howman Solicitors
Howman Solicitors is a West End based firm of solicitors with an ethical and modern approach. We build strong and long lasting client relationships and help our clients achieve and develop their business strategy. Howman Solicitors have developed a particular niche in asset finance, asset protection and asset exploitation. Our specialist knowledge is delivered cost effectively and with passion through our core specialisms.
We offer a bespoke service for individuals and businesses and pride ourselves on a friendly office environment with professionally delivered services. Our niche appeal and size allows us to be competitive on costs and tailor our services to our client’s needs and budget.
We deal with all forms of commercial, corporate and business disputes, both domestic and international. We give practical, straight forward advice to our clients and ensure in depth and ongoing partner involvement in all aspects of the case. Our work includes:
- Asset Finance Litigation
- Banking Litigation
- Contractual disputes
- Shareholder and partnership disputes
- Professional negligence
- Contentious insolvency
- Breach of fiduciary duty/trust claims
- Directors’ and office holders’ liability claims
Our approach is always commercial and we seek to avoid court proceedings if possible. We will advise on all forms of alternative dispute resolution and will always look to secure a successful resolution at the earliest possible opportunity.
If litigation is unavoidable we employ our technical expertise, strategic planning and cost efficient case management to ensure client satisfaction.
We provide advice on the full range of corporate issues including, but not limited to:
- Establishing businesses (companies, partnerships, limited liability partnerships, etc.)
- Mergers, acquisitions & disposals
- Management buy-outs and buy-ins
- Loan arrangements and taking security
- Shareholder agreements and joint ventures
- Share incentive schemes
Our commercial expertise has helped clients to build and expand their businesses whilst protecting and exploiting their assets. We help businesses to adopt a commercial position whilst protecting their legal rights. Our team has a great depth of experience, advising on:
- Commercial contracts and agreements across all areas
- Business terms and conditions
- Distribution agreements, licensing agreements and joint ventures
- Online terms and conditions
We have particular expertise in relation to the following sectors:
- Media and fashion
- Technology and office solutions
- Asset finance
We assist businesses as well as individual property investors seeking to enhance or dispose of their portfolios in the UK.
The main areas of our advice extend to:
- Commercial leasehold transactions
- Site acquisitions and development
- Freehold acquisitions and disposals
- Planning and environmental matters
- Property security lending
We understand how important cashflow is to a business and work closely with our clients to ensure that monies are recovered for our clients as quickly and efficiently as possible using the most appropriate recovery tools available and at little direct cost to you.
We can provide in-house training on collection procedures and advice in respect of claims against foreign businesses.
We provide legal advice to individuals and businesses for their employment related needs. Our specialist employment law department offers cost effective, pro-active and practical advice to help you to deal with your disputes or to help build your team.
- Settlement Agreements
- Termination of employment including constructive and unfair dismissal
- Breach of contract
- Discrimination advice and claims
- Employment/ Consultancy and Director Contracts and Service Agreements
- Employment tribunal and High Court litigation
- Collective and individual redundancies
- Advice on TUPE
- Advice on downsizing, outsourcing or restructuring your business
- All types of employment law advice
We advise businesses who wish to exploit or protect their intellectual property. In a world where branding success is the key to business success we can help guide the way.
Our clients are mainly derived from the technology, office solutions, and media and fashion sectors. Examples of our work include:
- Advice on buying and selling brands
- Trademark licenses
- Intellectual property assignments
- Distribution and agency agreements
- Concession agreements
Restructuring and Insolvency
Our restructuring and insolvency team has evolved to meet the challenges of the economic climate. We advise on all types of formal insolvencies including receivership, administration and liquidation. Our experience includes advising on debt reorganisations; debt for equity swaps; security enforcement strategies; bank driven rescheduling; and scheme arrangements.
We also have particular expertise in advising on the sale and purchase of distressed assets and all other aspects of corporate reorganisations. Our clients include a variety of insolvency practitioners and businesses. We can draft the appointment papers and also relevant documentation to sell or distribute out the assets.
We advise and act for office holders in relation to the realisation of assets, misfeasance proceedings against directors and claims against third parties.