Our commercial litigation team has a substantial amount of experience in managing claims arising out of asset finance transactions. We advise funders and related parties in relation to a wide variety of claims including:
- Fraud and misrepresentation
- Quality and fitness for purpose
- Asset recovery
- Proceedings against guarantors
- Insolvency of hirer
Our commercial team has experience in acting for clients in the acquisition/disposal of books of agreements and in the preparation of bespoke documentation for lenders and for end users.
Childcare and Education
If you decide to sell your nursery or are considering purchasing a nursery or group of nurseries, our nursery transactions team can guide you through the whole process.
We know that buying or selling a nursery is not like other corporate transaction and can help and protect you every step of the way. We have developed a particular niche in this area and have acted for multiple sellers and buyers ranging from single owner managed units to multi-site businesses.
For an overview of a typical nursery transaction, please click here.
We understand that healthcare businesses including dental practices, pharmacies, care homes and veterinary practices are not conventional businesses, particularly when it comes to a sale; they are complex businesses surrounded by regulation and often beholden to third party organisations. In order to ensure that your interests are protected on sale, purchase or during business dealings, you need specialist Solicitors with expertise and experience to guide you through the legal process.
The Howman healthcare team is well equipped to offer support and expert legal advice to help you achieve your desired result, having acted for members of the healthcare profession in all locations in England and Wales for almost 20 years.
We are personable, knowledgeable and have extensive experience in providing legal solutions for the healthcare sector which enables us to offer a comprehensive range of legal services to healthcare professionals, including:-
- Establishing businesses (companies, partnerships, LLPs and dental squat practices)
- Sales and purchases of healthcare businesses (asset and company share transactions)
- The commercial and business structure of your healthcare business
- Incorporating your healthcare businesses
- Protecting/ transferring your NHS contracts
- CQC registration within the context of sales and purchases for dental transactions
- Financing and re-financing (including acting for purchasers and/or the bank)
- Drafting and advising on partnership and expense sharing agreements
- Associate agreements, employment contracts and general HR advice
- Property advice for freehold and leasehold properties
We look after our clients, and we are proud to be recommended by them and by the specialist healthcare selling agents, banks, lenders, financial advisers and accountants within the healthcare field.
Hotels, Pubs and Leisure Facilities
We currently act for a variety of hoteliers, landlords and leisure providers in assisting them with acquisitions, sales and portfolio development. Our corporate and commercial property teams have particular experience in the London market and always aim to achieve a swift transaction whilst protecting our clients’ needs.
In an ever changing market we are adept at tailoring our services to the client’s budget and circumstances.
Media and Fashion
We act for a variety of fashion companies and media companies throughout our firm. We have helped these businesses protect and exploit the ideas that they have created throughout industries by utilising and advising on:
- Advertising agreements
- Trademark licensing
- Concessionaire agreements
- Consumer marketing campaigns
Through client recommendation we have developed a client
base of technology companies whom we have helped:
- expand their business through mergers and acquisitions
- exploit their assets through licensing their technology
- protect their interests by recovering and restricting
access to their data and rights
Technology and Office Solutions
We have substantial experience in this field and acutely understand our clients’ businesses and requirements in this dynamic sector, which is complementary to our Asset Finance Core Specialism. In a sector which is becoming ever more competitive we are able to provide advice in relation to:
- Protection of your customer base
- Restrictive covenants
- Recovery of service settlements
- Customer disputes
- Trading terms